Digital Product Designer
Location: San Francisco, CA (other locations may be considered)
Startup with a game-changing idea and a strong social mission is seeking a super creative and
curious product designer to convert an educational curriculum into an interactive
Tens of millions of people from every socioeconomic background are struggling to build
fulfilling and productive work lives, and there is no roadmap for the 21st century career.
Traditional career services are outdated and tired. We are designing an interactive mobile/online
platform for people to navigate through the different stages of their careers – from school to
retirement. Our vision is to transform the way people navigate their careers and make a
fundamental difference in millions of lives.
We have a curriculum that’s been validated with 100 users. We’re seeking a product designer
who can convert the curriculum into an engaging, intriguing, game-like experience that gives
users the feeling of unraveling a mystery. We want to provide a fundamentally change how
people experience their career journey.
We are looking for an experienced and exceptional Digital Product Designer to join our team.
The ideal candidate has designed user experiences that focus on motivating specific behaviors
and actions. The ideal candidate is also able to manage the product development process from
beginning to end. We’re looking for someone who would be motivated to join a team dedicated
to helping people better their lives.
- Conceptualize and develop the overall framework, language and UI, including
- Rapid prototyping
- Interaction design
- Visual design and front-end development
- Work on products and features in close collaboration with an engineering/backend team
- Identify UI and interaction components and implement them into existing frameworks while
- pushing and improving these frameworks
- Communicate and present your team’s work appropriately to the company and community
- Create experiences that successfully accomplish appropriately set goals and user behaviors
- Craft experiences that make the complex and confusing feelsimple and elegant
- Assist in setting overall strategic path for the platform through informed design
- Leverage data in a way that informs your design decisions
- Contribute your valuable skills to a very, very big social mission and movement
- Passion for our mission
- Dedicated and strong attention to detail
- Strong time management and superb organizational skills
- Clear, concise, and transparent communication style
- Action-oriented, diligent, and flexible
- A clear understanding of design-centered processes, proven methodologiesfor identifying
- and solving problems
- Experience creating motivational, behaviorally-focused UX/UI
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) or whatever tools you
- Eager to be part of a team tackling complex and intellectually challenging problems
- Management of the development of complex digital products from concept through
- Ruby on Rails web development
- Mobile/Tablet/iPhone UI development
- Experience with testing methodologies (A/B, multivariate, etc.)
- Startup Experience
- Experience working on one or more highly-trafficked websites/mobile websites/native
- You place a premium on having colleagues you can respect and laugh with
Please send resumé along with brief answers to the following questions to
- What have you designed that seems most closely aligned with what we are creating?
[Please include samples or links]
- What motivates you to want to help people navigate their careers?